There are various type of unrecoverable errors that can be encountered and are differentiated by the code that follows but the cause of these error may be common. These errors usually have a random nature that’s why it may display different code numbers as displayed. Below is the list of some commonly encountered QuickBooks unrecoverable error codes but it is possible that you may get some different code but causes are usually common.
Common Error Codes-
- 00000 14775
- 00000 15204
- 00227 55008
- 00551 46274
- 02457 79428
- 13730 84631
- 13824 75582
- 15563 13890
- 19758 63847
- 20103 33023
- 20888 41171
Different Scenarios while you can possibly encounter an unrecoverable Error:
Unrecoverable errors can be encountered in different situations which has no limitation but we have mentioned some of the cases where this error is mostly reported.
- Trying to open the QuickBooks company file.
- When closing the company file in QuickBooks.
- While attempting to close any open window in your company file.
- While creating a backup of company file.
- While creating a new company file.
- While creating a portable copy of file.
- During the process of payroll update download.
- While opening a window in QuickBooks ( home page, reports, transaction or company snapshot)
- Running utilities like rebuild or verify.
- While saving any transaction.
- Using direct deposit to sending payroll.
- While trying to use any open previous feature of company.
Before proceeding to fix make sure-
- Make sure QuickBooks is up to date with latest release.
- Do make a backup of company file before proceeding.
Solution 1- Identification of users getting affected by error.
Note- In case you are not using any kind of username for the company file access or there are no other users accessing your company file then you may simply skip to the next solution.
First of all you need to identify that how many number of users are affected with this who use different credential to login into your company file.In case only one user is being affected then this means that only that user is damaged. Simply recreate the user that is damaged to fix that users error.
When a regular user gets damaged-
- In QuickBooks open company menu, choose Set up users and password and click on set up user.
For Enterprise users: Inside QuickBooks open company menu and then proceed by selecting Users and then Set up users and roles.
- Click on add user, Here just enter a username and a password. Click on next.
Note: Make sure you are not using the damaged user name again.
- Do customization for users that are required. Simply click on finish.
- Now you have to open the file menu and then click on Close Company/Log off
- Now simply log in again using the new credentials created.
In case the admin user gets damaged
In this situation you have to download QuickBooks file doctor.
Solution 2: Suppressing QuickBooks on your computer.
Step 1: Suppressing the Desktop while you are starting the QuickBooks.
- On you keyboard Press & Hold down the CTRL key.
- Now apply double click on QuickBooks exe icon.
- Make sure CTRL key is kept down till you see no company file open window of QuickBooks.
Step 2: Suppressing the desktop while you are opening your company file.
- From the no company file open window that you opened select the company file that you desire.
- Now press ALT key and keep holding it, Proceed by select open.
- Release the alt key when QuickBooks prompts to enter your login information and then simply enter the login credentials to get into the file.
Important: In case QuickBooks does not prompt to enter the login credential then do not release the ALT key until you are prompted.
- Again press and hold down the ALT key and click on ok. Make sure to not release the ALT key until company file gets opened.
Note: QuickBooks can possibly display blank screen. If you are able to highlight a menu of QuickBooks by hovering your mouse pointer over it, It means your company file is now completely opened.
Solution 3: Opening a Sample Company File.
This process of opening a sample of company file can help you in identifying that the problem is in your QuickBooks or your Company file.
- After creating a sample company file, if the company file gets opened then it means that QuickBooks is working properly and the problem is with your company file or the location where the company file is saved. Try moving your company file to a different location to fix the problem.
- In case the problem persists then you shall use the Recently created backup or a ADR to get the files restored.In case your backup was not enough to get back on your track then you must try following the basic data damage troubleshooting.
- In Case the the sample file also displays the error then you must proceed to solution 4 to fix the problem.
How to open a sample file-
- To open a company file select Open sample file option in no company file open window.
- From the list of sample files select any one.
For moving the company file to a different location.
This action of copying a company file to different location justifies that if there is any problem with the company file. In case error message is received then it means that there is a problem with the QuickBooks installation.
- While on your windows desktop apply right click in free space and then select the option of New and then select the Folder.
- Give folder the name which can be QB.Test.
- Now open the folder where company file is stored.
- Now apply right click on company file and select Copy.
- Browse to the new folder that you created and paste those files there.
- Now open QuickBooks and open the company file from the new folder.
Solution 4- Using reboot.bat
Running reboot.bat file that gets saved in QuickBooks files while installation resets all changes made to the settings and fixes .dll and .ocx files which can help you in fixing the unrecoverable errors.