This error is usually encountered while opening your QuickBooks Company file.
The error message that is usually received by the victim of error- An error occurs when QuickBooks tried to access the company file (-6189, -816).
Now before we proceed you must be aware of that if you are using QuickBooks In Multi-User mode then you must make sure that-
- Storage location of data file should not be in a Network Device.
Before proceeding make a check on that company file is not stored in an NAD Device ( Network Attached Storage ) or any removable flash or hard disk.These storage types do not have sufficient permission to give access of QuickBooks Data file. These Storage types could be a possible reason for Damage in QuickBooks data file.
- Any file sharing service is not being used to store and open Company File.
There are various file sharing services available in the market like Dropbox, Sugarsync, Box.net and much more. These shall never be used to open any company file in the QuickBooks.Some outer source utilities that you might be using to create backups is causing trouble to the file. Copying the company file from these type of storages and moving then to Drive C//: could surely help you to resolve the problem.
Recommended options for services-
Intuit Data Protect (IDP) for creating backup and securing company file.
- Make sure that no encryption process is on the run.
Using any kind of encryption software is prohibited for using along with QuickBooks as mostly of them have an effect On QuickBooks which Inuit is not responsible for its always better to use correct tools with QuickBooks.
Now let’s move to the easy solutions-
Solution 1- Fixing Problem by restarting servers and your computer.
- To resolve the problem try to restart your computer powering QuickBooks.
- In Case the data is being used via servers you must restart the server as well.
- Now try to open the company file again.
Solutions 2- Install the Software named as QuickBooks Database Manage on your regular servers.
In case QuickBooks Database Manager is not being used then simply download and run the software which will restart the servers and possibly fix the error.
Note- Installation process of QuickBooks Database manager does not require any special licensing.
These were some easy troubleshoots that are recommended to fix these two errors, If followed correctly this could fix the file If not The take free consultation For QuickBooks Technical Support.We have specially trained ProAdvisors and team of of elite technicians working 24×7 to resolve your problems and improving our software.
QuickBooks Error Support Numbers is a free service available for QuickBooks support plan which will help you in Fixing the errors as well as giving free consultations any outer party working of your file is not responsibility of QuickBooks always Call us to be safe and secure.
This particular error is reported by many Quickbooks Users but here i am presenting a solution for you to get past of this particular error without any trouble. Normally this error code -6190 & -816 can be received when another user tries to login into your company
when you are working on single user mode.
Here is what you need to do:-
- First you need to open the folder that contains the company file.
- Now when you are inside the company file folder you must find the file having same name as your company file but ending with the extension of “.nd” & “.TLG”.
- Apply right click on each of the file and then click on rename from the dropdown list. What you need to do is that you have to add OLD at the end of both the files.
- Now Open QuickBooks and then try to use company file again.
In case you are having this error even after trying every solution made available to you then you must contact QuickBooks Technical Support at 1800-470-6903.