QuickBooks Warning ! Message: You do not have sufficient permissions to the specified folder.
When you were trying to open your company file you received a warning message that was describing that You do not have sufficient permissions to the specified folder.
The particular warning message is displayed due to some specific reasons:-
- The company file folder is located on any protected location of the root of Local Disk C://.
- File is saved on restricted area.
- Incorrect folder permission.
- Company file being Saved on damaged folder.
Here are more than one solutions that are recommended by our Intuit Technicians. The very first solution can fix the error but incase not then you must proceed to follow other solutions in same sequence as they are mentioned one after the other.
Solution 1: Using Quickbooks File Doctor
Download and Run Quickbooks File Doctor. This application can fix various small problems in QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Running QuickBooks As an administrator
- You must close QuickBooks Application.
- Now apply right click to desktop icon of QuickBooks. Choose Properties option.
- Now select Run this program as administrator under Compatibility tab.
- Click on apply and then on ok.
Solution 3: Moving the Company file to default location
- First you must close QuickBooks Application.
- Now Quickly browse to the location of your company file.
- Apply right click on the company file and then choose copy.
- Now browse to the by default location of QuickBooks Company file and press CTRL+V on keyboard.
By default location- C://Users/Public/PublicDocuments/Intuit/QuickBooks/Company Files.
- Try to open company file from default location.
Solution 4: Creating a new folder for your company file
- You shall create a new folder on the same directory.
- Now copy your company file from old to new folder.
- Make sure folder permissions are correct.
- Now open File menu in QuickBooks and click on Open or restore a company.
- Click on Open a company file and then on next.
- Now you must browse to the location of your company file.
- Click on open.
Solution 5: Testing Company File Folder.
- You need to open notepad or Microsoft Word.
- Type “ Test” on blank document.
- Now save that file to the same location where company file was stored.
- If file gets saved without any problem then folder is ok if not you must correct the folder permission.