What is Intuit Data Protect?
Intuit Data Protect is a subscription service that helps you protect your data from loss or damage due to virus, laptop theft, file corruption, fire, and so on. Your files are automatically backed up online over the Internet once a day, every day, at an automatically selected time to an offsite location. You can choose to back up just your QuickBooks file, or you can back up multiple QuickBooks files and any other data on your computer.
We offer several options. Most notably, Intuit Data Protect is provided at no additional charge with all QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus, Premier Plus and all Enterprise Subscriptions.
|Intuit Data Protect Options||Monthly Fee||Annual Fee|
|Backup your QuickBooks file only (Company Data Plan)||$4.95||$49.95|
|Backup your entire PC (Entire PC Plan)||$9.95||$99.95|
Note: Annual subscriptions include a 60-day money back guarantee.
Intuit Data Protect works in QuickBooks Desktop versions 2016 and later. You can still back up older company files even if Intuit Data Protect is not integrated within older versions of QuickBooks Desktop.
How to install Intuit Data Protect?
Intuit Data Protect (IDP) is a subscription service that backs up your files to protect them from loss or damage. Your files are automatically backed up online over the Internet once a day, every day, at an automatically selected time to an offsite location.
You can choose to back up just your QuickBooks company file (Company Data plan), or you can back up multiple QuickBooks Desktop files and any other data on your computer (Entire PC plan).
Set up Intuit Data Protect
Add firewall ports and exemptions
Add firewall ports, programs, and website exemptions to ensure that Intuit Data Protect functions as expected.
Activate Intuit Data Protect
- From QuickBooks, go to the File menu, then select Back Up Company > Set Up/Activate Online Backup.
- From the Backup Status section (bottom right of QuickBooks Home), select Intuit Data Protect.
- From the System Tray, right-click the IDP icon (green padlock), then select Open Intuit Data Protect > Activate Now.
- In the Intuit App Center window, sign in using your Intuit Account credentials. This is the account you created when you subscribed to the service.
- On the Intuit Data Protect Diagnose window, select Continue when all the statuses show Complete. A confirmation screen pops up if there are some previously backed up files. Select Yes if you wish to recover your files or No to proceed.
- In the next window, select all the files you want to back up, then select Continue. Choose the other folders you want to back up on the next window, then select Continue.
- Set up a schedule to back up the files, then Continue.
- On the Notification Email settings window, assign an e-mail address to be notified if:
- The backup Fails.
- The backup is Successful.
- The last good backup is older than X number of days. Note that you can set the number of days here.
- Other critical issues.
- Once a message saying the IDP setup is successful, select OK.
Use Intuit Data Protect
Back up your files
- Open Intuit Data Protect (IDP) from your system tray.
- On the IDP window, select Back up now.
- After selecting all the files for backup, select Continue.
- Select Back up now to start.
- When backup is complete, the Backup Completed window will appear. Select OK.
|Need to know about scheduled backup:Your computer must remain powered ON.If your computer is off when the backup runs, the backup will resume when you turn on your PC again.You must be logged in to Windows as the user who set up the Intuit Data Protect account.Your first backup can take a few minutes to several hours depending on how many files you selected. Don’t worry, future backups will only take a few minutes.You can work in QuickBooks while IDP runs in the background.|
Restore backed up files
- Open Intuit Data Protect (IDP), then select Restore from Backup. IDP will retrieve the list of files available to restore.
- Select the files you wish to restore, then select Continue.
- In the Select Backup Version window, choose the version you wish to restore, then Close.
- After choosing the preferred restore points, the interface will revert and display the chosen restore points. Select Continue.
- Select the location for your restored backup, then select Restore.
Note: If you choose a new location, a window will pop up asking where you want to save the restored files. If the original location is chosen, there will be a prompt to confirm overwriting existing files with the restored backup. Select Overwrite or Cancel as appropriate.
- On the Restore Completed window, select OK.
View Backup History
- Right-click the IDP icon, then select Open Intuit Data Protect.
- Select View Backup History.
- The Backup Details page will show you a chronological list of your backups, from oldest to newest. Scroll through the history to find the date and time stamp of the backup entry you’re looking for.
To make changes to your account, contact us.
Change Backup settings
If you wish to add or remove files from your backup, or change your notification preferences
- Open Intuit Data Protect (IDP).
- Select Change backup settings.
- On the Select QuickBooks data window, select the files you wish to back up depending on your subscription. Select Continue.
Note: For Entire PC users, select other items to back up on the Select other folders to back up window, then select Continue.
- On the Notifications Email Settings page, select when to be notified of backup successes and/or failures.
- Select Continue.
To check the total size of data you uploaded
- Open Intuit Data Protect (IDP).
- On your keyboard, press Ctrl + R. IDP will compute the contents of each folder.
- When done, a Delete button appears. You can use this if you wish to purge your files.
Note: Make sure to restore your files before purging since there is no way to retrieve the purged data.
Troubleshoot IDP issues
If you are having any issues with Intuit Data Protect, see Troubleshoot Common Intuit Data Protect (IDP) Problems.and call our customer care department at 1833-448-8505 our technical expert fix your issue.