In this article, we will discuss QuickBooks error code 12029 is one of the errors that QuickBooks users generally experience while working on QuickBooks. QuickBooks error 12029 generally occurs when a user trying to update QuickBooks or Quickbooks payroll. In other words, it occurs when the QuickBooks fails to access the server. It happens due to the network timeout or when QuickBooks is blocked by the firewall.
As we all know, QuickBooks is one of the most perfect software for accounting as it provides the best accounting experience within all the domains. QuickBooks is the most reliable & efficient software with an easy-to-use interface. It is a type of accounting software that saves time and also manages the data in an organized manner. QuickBooks is suitable for all types of small and medium-sized businesses organizations. It is used by millions of people across the globe. Sometimes many people suffer from errors while working on QuickBooks.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 12029
These causes are as follows:
- QuickBooks fails to connect the server due to connection timeout.
- QuickBooks is intercepted by the Firewall.
- Bad SSL settings.
- Problem with internet connection or network problem.
- When QuickBooks fails to update due to connection timeout.
- Network timeout while downloading the QuickBooks Payroll Download request.
- This error arises when the Internet Explorer is not set as the default browser or unsupported web browser.
- Firewall not working appropriately.
Solutions QuickBooks Error 12029:-
I suggest some methods to fix Error 12029 with a very short span of time to resolve the Error 12029:-
- Fix issues regarding internet connectivity.
- Adjust your Internet Explorer settings.
- Firewall Configuration
- Update your QuickBooks
Fix issues regarding internet connectivity:
- Firstly, you need to download the TLS 1.2 utility from the Intuit website and run it.
- Secondly, set your Microsoft Internet Explorer as the default web browser.
- Try to visit secure websites that are external to the QuickBooks such as the login page of your bank. If you are unable to do so, talk to an IT expert.
Adjust your Internet Explorer settings:-
Follow the below-listed steps to optimize the internet explorer settings:
- Firstly, you need to shut the QuickBooks and then open Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Second, you can go to the Tools or you also can press the Alt key from your keyboard to find the Tools.
- Firstly, you need to open Internet Options and look for the Security Tab.
- You look for the Globe symbol and click on it in the Security Tab.
- You need to check the level of security which is not set higher than the medium-high.
- Now, search the connections tab.
- If the dial node is not used by you, select Never Dial a Connection. In case you use a dial-up node, choose the correct internet service provider.
- Now you move to LAN Automatically detect settings. Select it.
- Now you look for use Proxy server checkbox. Now enter the full address and port. Where the checkbox is marked.
- You find that the port is different than port 80, do not remove the checkmark placed against the use of a proxy server option.
- In case you can find the port is 80, you need to remove the checkmark placed against the use of a proxy server option for testing purposes.
- Now you need to choose an ok move to the Advanced Tab.
- After that, choose the restore advanced settings.
- Select TLS1.2 under Settings and click on OK.
- Now, you need to close the Internet Explorer and then reboot your PC.
After, restarting the PC you need to start your QuickBooks.Update it and check it for QuickBooks error 12029.
In this solution, you know how to configure the firewall.
- Firstly, you need to download the Doctor Tool for your QuickBooks File.
- Secondly, after downloading the Doctor Tool you need to install and run this tool.
- This tool will configure your Windows firewall and will open firewall ports automatically.
Update your QuickBooks:
- Firstly, you need to select the Help option and click on Internet Connection Setup. After that, select the “Use my computer’s Internet Connection settings to establish a network when this application connected with the internet”.
- Then click on Next and select Done.
- In the final step, you need to update your QuickBooks again.
Through the help of the above article, I provide you enough knowledge regarding the QuickBooks Error 12029. Through the help of this article, we discussed the error code 12029 of QuickBooks and its occurrence and also discuss the various factors which are responsible for error 12029. With the help of this article, I also provide you various possible solutions to fix the error 12029 of QuickBooks within a short span of time
We are here to help you to rectify all issue with our Pro Advisor’s which are very fast and expert of QuickBooks Support application with our 24×7 support service. You are just click on the link QuickBooks support phone number and call our customer care department at +1-800-396-7703